How to Enter
We encourage you to nominate as many local organizations and leaders as you would like, including self-nominations! (Only one nomination is needed per organization/leader - repeat nominations will be deleted by the system.)
Please note, nomination is only the first step of the process.
Once a nomination is complete, nominees will receive an email notifying them of their nomination.
The nominee can then accept the nomination and complete an entry, which asks them questions about themselves/their organization(s).
Nominating your favourite businesses and not-for-profits for the 2024 awards is easy! NOMINATE NOW!
STEPS TO COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION
Read the eligibility requirements and judging criteria before submitting your entry.
Once you've been nominated, it's time to submit your entry:
1. Create your member profile.
2. Once you've created your member profile, login at the top right of this page.
3. Once logged in, click the 'enter submission' link in the navigation menu on the left side.
4. Select a category and use your organizational name as the submission title. This name is used for your purposes only. Judges will not see the title you provide.
5. Fill in the form to provide the information required for the category. Answer the form questions as fully as possible - this is what the judges use to determine your submission's score.
You can see submissions that you have started by clicking the 'view submissions' link in the dashboard menu. From here you can edit your submissions by clicking on the 'add/edit' link.
Submissions will not be judged until they are finalized; all incomplete submissions will not be included in the judging process. All completed submissions are judged by an independent and volunteer judging committee.
Accuracy of submitted materials is the responsibility of the applicant. Information given on the entry form will be used exactly as submitted in the award ceremony through production, presentation, and recognition in the media.
- Online submission, including all supporting documentation, must be complete by 11:59pm, July 1, 2023.
- After this deadline, the committee reserves the right to extend the deadline for a SPECIFIC category and solicit additional entries in the event that there are less than three entries from a minimum of two companies in the category in question
- Halifax Chamber reserves the right to disqualify incomplete submissions without notice
- Acceptance of submissions received is at the discretion of Halifax Chamber
- Halifax Chamber reserves the right to realign categories due to volume of entries. If this process should take place, entrants will be notified
- If there are fewer than two entries in any category, Halifax Chamber reserves the right to eliminate that category from the competition.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these rules